It’s not uncommon to feel burnt out when operating your own small business where you are the CEO, the sales person, the production department, the accountant, the marketer, etc. You get the idea.
Landing new customers is no easy feat in the competitive world of business that we live in today.
For this reason, it’s important to super charge your mental and physical batteries by taking good care of your mind, body and soul with plenty of rest, exercise, whole foods, water, mediation and quality time with family and friends.
These things will help to give you more energy when you need it the most to run and grow a thriving business.
Leaders and other successful people go through challenging times too in sales but they know how to stay the course by maintaining a positive outlook and that success in selling means taking care of themselves, overcoming obstacles and persevering on their goals.
The following quotes (compliments of Hubspot.com) offer a boost of inspiration for when you feel like you’ve run out of steam. Take a breather, contemplate these words of wisdom and then get back in the race! And remember, we are here to support your marketing and sales efforts when you could use some extra bench strength. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-687-2004 and we’d be happy to help where we can.
1) “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” -Thomas Edison
2) “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” -Og Mandino
3) “Become the person who would attract the results you seek.” -Jim Cathcart
4) “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” -Sam Levenson
5) “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” -George Addair
6) “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain
7) “Quality performance starts with a positive attitude.” -Jeffrey Gitomer
8) “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” -Thomas Jefferson
9) “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” -Tony Robbins
10) “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” -Thomas Paine
11) “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” -George S. Patton
12) “Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.” -Norman Ralph Augustine
Speaking of motivation, if you’re ready to get s#!t done and close more sales, watch episode 1 of the GSD Sales Show here.
13) “Change before you have to.” -Jack Welch
14) “Human beings have an innate inner drive to be autonomous, self-determined, and connected to one another. And when that drive is liberated, people achieve more and live richer lives.” -Daniel Pink
15) “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” -Florence Nightengale
16) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” -Zig Ziglar
17) “Well done is better than well said.” -Benjamin Franklin
18) “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky
19) “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” -Jill Konrath
20) “There is always room at the top.” -Daniel Webster
21) “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.” -Yogi Berra
22) “It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s about handling the opportunities right.” -Mark Hunter
23) “A goal is a dream with a deadline.” -Napolean Hill
24) “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” -Vince Lombardi
25) “Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting.” -Christopher Morley
26) “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” -Sheryl Sandberg
27) “Outstanding people have one thing in common: An absolute sense of mission.” -Zig Ziglar
28) “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” -Henry Ford
29) “Trying is winning in the moment.” -Dan Waldschmidt
30) “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” -Proverb
31) “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” -Joe Namath
32) “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” -William James
33) “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” -Babe Ruth
34) “Lean in, speak out, have a voice in your organization, and never use the word ‘sorry.’” -Trish Bertuzzi
35) “Whatever you are, be a good one.” -Abraham Lincoln
36) “The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.” -John Madden
37) “Fortune favors the bold.” -Virgil
38) “Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts.” -Winston Churchill
39) “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” -John D. Rockefeller
40) “High expectations are the key to everything.” -Sam Walton
41) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
42) “Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” -John R. Wooden
43) “There is little success where there is little laughter.” -Andrew Carnegie
44) “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” -Albert Einstein
45) “What we dwell on is who we become.” -Oprah Winfrey
46) “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.” -Warren Buffett
47) “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’” -Audrey Hepburn
48) “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” -Steve Jobs
49) “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” -Bruce Lee
50) “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” -Wayne Dyer